Now hiring a new bookkeeper
Backyard Bookkeeper is in need of a new team member. And not just any old bookkeeper, either--someone who lives and breathes accounting and Quickbooks, likes getting things done, and enjoys working with growing businesses.
The position will start at 15-20 hours per week with a single client in Salt Lake, and grow from there to a possible full-time position with multiple clients. Pay depends on ability and expertise. Your first interview will be conducted through Skype or Google Chat, so you must also be tech savvy.
While we are looking for someone who can become a full-time bookkeeper handling several valued clients, your first project will be somewhat specialized, and will include the following major tasks:
1. Figure out ways to track several different revenue sources for the same products (product sales through affiliates, etc), and associated costs, and then produce sales reports on a daily and weekly basis.
2. Set up a simple, easy-to-maintain system for keeping track of inventory and entering it into QB on a monthly basis by journal entry.
3. Be able to explain various accounting concepts to business owners and office staff who will be helping you maintain the system or who may quiz you on what you're doing, especially in the areas of sales, job-costing and/or class tracking, and inventory/COGS.
4. Don't be afraid of data entry.
5. Find ways to help the client operate more efficiently and effectively--this is key!
To apply, please visit our website to familiarize yourself with our company, and follow the instructions posted on the home page.